Love is in the air with Valentine’s Day approaching right around the corner. This year Valentine’s Day falls next Tuesday and for most of us we will be celebrating with the love in our lives this weekend and I’m no exception. Each year on February 14th we exchange cards, candy, gifts or flowers with our special “valentine.” It’s a chance to tell somebody that you love them in a big romantic way. But if you’ve left planning to the last minute, don’t stress I have everything you need with highlights of what to do, where to go and unique gifts for your special someone.
Things to do:
1. Yoga Date Night – Experience the most intimate night available on your mat. Explore duo asana, basic flying techniques and develop massage skills as a couple. The perfect experiential Valentine’s Day gift.
Tickets: $50/person. Open to all levels.
To register visit www.yyoga.ca/events or call: Kits 604-336-4599, Flow 604-682-3369 or Park Royal 604-281-1166.
2. The 4th Annual Boots & Babes Ball with The Washboard Union, the Chris Buck Band & DJ jaXon Hawks.
Saturday February 11th | Commodore Ballroom | 19+ | 8PM
TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT! But you can enter to win a Rockin River Prize Package! Clay & Karen will call out one person’s name from the entry box on Tuesday, February 14 at 8:10am in the morning. So make sure you remember you’ve entered! And listen at 8:10AM on Tuesday, February 14! You must be listening to win. If you don’t call back in time, you don’t win & we move on.
If that’s YOUR name, you’ll have 9 minutes & 37 seconds to call back to win a Rockin River Prize Package that includes:
•4 tickets (GA)
•1 camping spot
•1 helicopter ride (for 4) courtesy of Valhalla Helicopters
•Meet & greet with an artist for 4 (artist not confirmed yet)
3. With our crazy February weather take your date for a brisk walk, grab a cup of cocoa to keep your hands warm as you take in the calm of the ocean and mountain views. If an even more snowy experience is of interest, try a snow shoeing tour at the Sea to Sky Gondola just a 45 minute drive from downtown Vancouver.
4. For a fun night out on the town, skip the traditional dinner and cocktail bar-hop instead. Tourism Vancouver suggests to try the Inception Negroni at Prohibition, a classic French 75 served in a coup at Royal Dinette, or visit the Lobby Lounge at the Fairmont Pacific Rim to enjoy some live music while you sip on a lounge favourite such as the Geisha made with vodka, strawberry, Elderflower and Chambord.
5. For Valentine’s themed dinners here are some of Tourism Vancouver’s recommendations:
The Acorn restaurant is featuring a Valentine’s Day three-course dinner with vegan/gluten-free options for each course priced at $50 (wine pairings are an additional $25). http://www.theacornrestaurant.ca/
Thierry Café is offering Romeo & Juliet cakes, details here: http://www.thierrychocolates.com/seasonalthierrytreats/. They are $21.95 and available for pickup only on February 14th.
Farmer’s Apprentice is doing a flower-themed Valentine’s Day dinner with two seatings. There are six courses with “herbivore” and “omnivore” options, and cost $80 per person with wine pairings available at an additional $50. http://www.farmersapprentice.ca/events/
And last but not least you could spend Valentine’s in one of Vancouver’s most romantic restaurants at Glowbal Group’s Black + Blue. Menu highlights include: Caviar Parfait, Steak Tartare, Surf & Turf (prime tenderloin & lobster tail, truffle whipped potatoes, heirloom carrots) and Tahiti White Chocolate Cake.
$85 per person FOUR COURSE DINNER MENU that runs February 10th – 14th. I recommend making reservations right away!
Put your love on the table at any of Glowbal Groups’s restaurants including Glowbal, Coast, Italian Kitchen, Trattoria (Kitsilano, Burnaby, Park Royal) or The Fish Shack with Valentine’s set menus, available February 10th – 14th. More details here: http://www.glowbalgroup.com/blog/2017/02/01/valentines-with-glowbal-restaurant-group/
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples, head to O Lounge at Coast this Valentine’s weekend for brunch canapés throughout the afternoon while you’re eyeing up that cutie at the bar.
Date: Sunday February 12th
Time: 1p – 5pm
Tickets: $20 includes brunch canapés
7. Romantic Getaway
If Victoria, B.C. were a guy you saw on a dating app, you better believe he’d be worth a swipe to the right. A good-looking exterior, a friendly attitude, an active lifestyle, throw in a bit of old-school tradition and wait… was that a British accent? He’d be the one to sweep you off your feet using charm alone.
Voted Canada’s Most Romantic City four years in a row by Amazon.ca, Victoria, B.C. takes romance to the next level. Whether you’re testing the waters with a new flame or planning a relaxing holiday with your long-time partner, Victoria is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Find out why Victoria is the perfect place for a romantic getaway this Valentine’s Day here: http://www.tourismvictoria.com/blog/post/2017/16/Why-Victoria-is-the-Perfect-Place-for-a-Romantic-Getaway/2987/
** #heartVictoria Giveaway Getaway at the bottom of this post ***
Or Stay In for a Sexy Time:
1. Pop some bubbly to the start of a romantic night in with my favourite champagne Moët & Chandon. Moët & Chandon has celebrated life’s memorable and triumphant moments with panache for more than 270 years so you know they are the ones you can trust. Available at BC Liquor for $38.99 (375 mL).
2. As you begin getting ready for your big night in, light a candle and immerse yourself in a tub full of natural bath salts, letting go of bodily toxins and creating space to love yourself first. I recommend the Tantra collection from Saje Natural Wellness to ease yourself into a passionate state of mind. Try the Tantra Sensuous Bath Salt Soak from Saje Wellness for $19.95.
Bring peaceful vibes and harmony into your space, diffuse this blend to transform your room into a romantic paradise. Welcome warmth into the atmosphere and loving light within your being. Tantra Diffuser Blend is my favourite that retails for $21.95.
As you prepare your senses for a passionate adventure in, take the time to refresh your breath with a spearmint infused spritz of Best Breath.
3. Set the mood with an easy DIY cocktail recipe from Two Oceans – a quick 3-steps for a “spritzy” Valentine’s night in. Hailing from the Western Cape of South African, Two Oceans offers a range of varietals: Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot and Shiraz.
** Giveaway item at the bottom of this post **
- 3/4 glass Two Oceans wine
- 1/4 glass club soda
Add ice into a wine glass, pour wine and club soda, stir. Add a slice of lime or berries (optional). Available at BC Liquor for $9.99 (750 mL).
Gifts for your Special Someone:
1. Starbucks Valentine’s Day Tumblers, Mugs… and more!
Starbucks Valentine’s day collection features mugs, tumblers and cold cups decorated in classic pink, red and gold hearts. For any type of beverages, these items will remind that special someone just how special they are!
2. Caroline Neron 3 Wish Necklace – perfect for the special woman in your life, give her wishes of prosperity, healthy and wellness. An original way of maintaining the tradition of best wishes by immortalizing them in a precious gift. The package includes a long silver tone charm necklace into which one of the three semi-precious stones included in the gift box can be inserted.
3. The Doritos Ketchup Roses are perfect for Valentine’s Day for anyone looking for the boldest way to declare their love for someone special. And what better way to do that than in the most delicious way possible with a Canadian favourite – ketchup chips? Check out doritosketchuproses.ca and Doritos Facebook and Twitter page for update on when the roses will be available for order this week.
If you can’t get your hands on the free bouquets, there’s an easy DIY guide on how you can make your own to boldly declare your love this Valentine’s Day. There’s also a $1 off coupon for the Doritos Ketchup chips.
Doritos Ketchup chips are currently in stores for a limited time only.
4. And for the more traditional bouquet of roses, Callia Flowers delivers, fresh, high-quality, hand-picked bouquets that come in a luxury box for only $49! I know, I know, we live in a digital era where social connections are top of mind, but being the hopeless romantic, traditionalist that I am it’s important to make room for more genuine moments such as sending your sweetheart flowers. It will put a smile on her face, just like mine ;). #ThisCalliaMoment
Natalie’s Romance Package (4) Giveaways:
We’re giving one lucky listener a chance to win a Two Oceans Wines prize pack valued at $50 to set the romantic mood with your sweetie PLUS a Doritos Ketchup Rose!!!!
For a a fun night that will be sure to bring you even closer to your sweetie we are giving away a PAIR OF TICKETS to YYoga Park Royal for their Yoga Date Night February 12th workshop from 2-4PM!!!!
*** CALL IN TO WIN at 1245p!!!! ***
Note: The winner brings their romantic partner (no singles).
And for another lucky listener we want to send you away with our GRAND PRIZE – A Romantic getaway for TWO to Victoria!!!!!!!! Valued at $1500!!!!!!!!!
- Two nights accommodation at the Inn at Laurel Point. The Inn at Laurel Point showcases why Victoria, BC is so well-known for romance by unwrapping a fully developed, ‘Month of Love.’ Enjoy the Naughty Package or the Nice Package as it provides guests with all they need to surprise their Valentine – rose petals, breakfast in bed, and a sweet creation. Depending on how you plan on celebrating with your lover, the two packages differ in some of the, “extras,” that come with the reservation. Both packages offer a late check out, for obvious reasons.
- Return transportation for two to Victoria via Helijet. Travel in style from Vancouver Harbour to Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
- Prize is valued at approximately $1500, expires on Feb 28, 2017 and is subject to availability.
Note: This prize is non-transferrable, extensions will not be granted, and substitutions will not be allowed.
TO ENTER: Tell us which prize you would like to WIN + what the most silliest thing you ever did for love was in the comments below for your chance to WIN! Please note the following JRfm Rules and Regulations.
Good luck and Happy Valentine’s Day!!!!!
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED CONGRATS Cristina and Josh!
**Contest Rules & Regulations**
The winner agrees to abide by the rules and regulations outlined here http://www.jrfm.com/contestrules/ for pick up at #300-1401 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6H 1C9. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
All prizes must be claimed within 60 days at the offices of CJJR-FM and are non-transferable. After 60 days, prize becomes the property of CJJR-FM, to do with as it may determine, including awarding it to another contestant, and CJJR-FM shall be released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
Only ONE member of the household will be eligible to qualify or win in any single Contest.
By entering the Contest, all persons are deemed to have read and to have accepted these rules and regulations.