Dear Husbands, Partners, Boyfriends… I polled a bunch of Momma’s on Instagram to see what they REALLY want for Mother’s Day. Yes, jewelry and all those fancy things are so thoughtful, amazing and beautiful. You really do spoil us and know how to make us feel special. But what we really want, and maybe we’re just too afraid or feel guilty to ask for is in this list…
What Mom’s Really Want For Mother’s Day From Their Partners
These are all REAL answers from Mom’s of all ages with kids of all ages! Ladies, feel free to laugh and nod in agreement #praisehands
- 1 Night at a nice hotel for a getaway, alone
- A cozy, new lounge set or comfy chair for the patio
- A day at the spa, alone
- A weekend away with girlfriends or with the family
- A vacation with the family or alone or with a girlfriend
- A WEEK of not cooking meals
- Someone to clean the house, and clean all the places that normally don’t get cleaned, like the baseboards or the cupboards. (I use zenGOT! See my review here and feel free to use this promo code: AB20 for 20% off a house cleaning service.)
- A babysitter for a day so Mama can go shopping or do a hike.
Basically, all these things are ways Moms can get back to being themselves. We’re not saying we don’t love our family, but finding guilt-free balance is key!
I recently went on a weekend, shopping getaway with my girlfriends in the States and it was hilarious. I felt like I haven’t laughed that hard in ages. We did face masks and drank a lot of wine. The next day we went for brunch and hit up Target, Ulta, World Market, Home Goods and Trader Joes. Even though it was a short, one-nighter trip to Anacortes it was a fun one and a total treat. The girls and I are always so busy, it’s rare to get us all together like this! So we had a blast.