Missed our feature? Have a listen:
On March 25th, the highly esteemed Juno Awards are being held in our beautiful city of Vancouver! How lucky are we?! Awards season is upon us, and I, for one, am excited about it! I love awards season. It’s the perfect excuse to get together with my girlfriends to discuss the dresses, the nominees, and the TALENT of these people.
Michael Bublé is hosting the Juno Awards this year and I know that he’ll do an incredible job. Was anybody else obsessed with his song “Haven’t Met You Yet” or was that just me?! MOVING ON.
An occasion like the Juno’s is a perfect event to make a night out of! Rather than watching it at home, pack up your comfiest clothes, order a bottle of wine, and enjoy a night out! Have your own STAYCATION. For those of us that don’t know, a staycation is essentially a mini-vacay in your own city! Staycations give you the luxury of enjoying a hotel, without the hassle of packing for a long or far away trip. I love staycations for a few reasons……
- You can’t feel guilty about ignoring your chores if you’re not home to do them. 😉
- It feels amazing to explore your own city from the perspective of a tourist. Who knows, maybe you’ll even discover something brand new!
- When events like the Juno Awards are in town, having a staycation downtown can bring you even closer to the action. Yay!
Make this your music weekend!
Don’t want to watch the Juno’s from your couch?! This year, the Juno Awards are being hosted in Vancouver and the best part is – YOU CAN BUY TICKETS. Book YOUR hotel on StayVancouverHotels.com to get your special Buy One Get One FREE tickets to the Juno Awards on March 25th. There is no way you should miss out on the largest Canadian Music Awards show!
The national LIVE broadcast Awards Night features incredible performances, special guest appearances, and surprise moments with the hottest Canadian Artists around!
Staycation Deals in Downtown Vancouver this March!
You know I’m all about sharing deals with you guys, The Vancouver Hotel Destination Association has launched a new hotel booking portal for their 36 downtown locations, StayVancouverHotels.com. Now it’s easier than ever to book that downtown staycay we’ve been talking about… with fantastic savings to amazing March events! See you down there. 😉
Many of these hotel are close to ROBSON STREET; this is one of my favourite streets as it’s full of restaurants, shopping, and plenty of places to explore!
Here are some of the perks of booking with StayVancouverHotels:
- Free ticket to the International Tasting at the Vancouver International Wine Festival.
- 2 free tickets to the JFL NorthWest, Vancouver’s Comedy Festival at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre or the Vogue Theatre.
- Exclusive Buy 1 Get 1 Free 7S Reserved Tournament Pass, premium viewing of exciting rugby sports action with the HSBC Canada Sevens.
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free ticket offer to a night of music at The JUNO Awards l Canada’s Music Awards hosted by Michael Bublé at Rogers Arena.
YOU GUYS, there is seriously an offer that appeals to everyone here! A free ticket to the Vancouver International Wine Festival?! Sign me up!
How does StayVancouverHotels.com work?
StayVancouverHotels.com has partnered with 36 downtown hotels to offer special promotions and deals (like some of the awesome ones I mentioned above). This allows you to treat your loved one to something special, even on a budget! Staycations for the WIN!
For a full list of Vancouver Hotel Destination Association Member Hotels, click HERE
Juno Staycation Pro Tips!
- There is a FREE outdoor stage JUNO weekend at the Vancouver Art Gallery. This is another amazing – and budget friendly – option.
- Bring your walking shoes! I don’t know a single person that enjoys dealing with Vancouver rush hour traffic….! To avoid this, bring your favourite comfy sneakers to cruise our city in comfort.
- Pack a mini picnic! Not only is this budget friendly, it’s so fun to enjoy a meal outdoors. I love grabbing fresh groceries from somewhere downtown like Urban Fare. Check them out here!
- Get outdoors! Amidst the glitz and the glam of Juno Week, don’t forget to spend some time outside. I highly suggest a stroll in our beautiful STANLEY PARK.
You can find more details on the 2018 JUNO Awards here: https://www.tourismvancouver.com/event/juno-week-2018-in-vancouver/16896/
Contest Details – How To Enter!!
You guys are in luck! The kind folks over at StayVanouverHotels.com are giving away FIVE pairs of tickets to the JUNO Awards Broadcast – hosted by Michael Bublé – on Sunday March 25th, 2018 and were giving away 2 tickets right here!!! ENTER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG!
**** this portion of the contest is closed
congratulations to Jason Seay from Langley, Winnie Hung from Vancouver and Kenny Pollock from Coquitlam ****
LAST CHANCE TO ENTER is through Natalie’s Instagram!
Retail Value: 1 pair of tickets: $131.05 ($99.95 plus fees & taxes) x 2 = $262.10.
Total Value of Contest including the 5 pairs: $1,310.50
Our 3 very lucky winners will be selected on Wednesday, March 14th. Good luck everybody!
Book YOUR hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver for an amazing mini vacay in your own backyard! Book on StayVancouverHotels.com to get your special Buy One Get One FREE tickets to the Juno Awards on March 25th.
Stay updated on the social channels for StayVancouverHotels.com
@stayvancouverhotels Twitter: https://twitter.com/stayvanhotels@stayvanhotels
Good luck to everybody that entered the contest! Don’t forget to bring your walking shoes, some snacks, and a desire to adventure. 😉 Get outside and be a tourist in your own city!
**Contest Rules & Regulations**
The winner agrees to abide by the rules and regulations outlined here http://www.jrfm.com/contestrules/ for pick up at #300-1401 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6H 1C9. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm.
All prizes must be claimed within 60 days at the offices of CJJR-FM and are non-transferable. After 60 days, prize becomes the property of CJJR-FM, to do with as it may determine, including awarding it to another contestant, and CJJR-FM shall be released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
Only ONE member of the household will be eligible to qualify or win in any single Contest.
By entering the Contest, all persons are deemed to have read and to have accepted these rules and regulations.