Missed our feature? Listen here:
Ahhhh, Saint Patrick’s Day. ‘Tis the season for GREEN BEER, four leaf clovers, and leprechauns. 😉 Saint Patrick’s Day is the perfect excuse to enjoy an evening filled with drinks and friends. As Vancouverites, we’re lucky to have a TON of options for how to celebrate this special event. Sometimes, having too many options can be a little overwhelming – I feel your pain! Allow me to share our insider secrets on the hottest Saint Patty’s Day events – I’ll take the guessing games out of the equation for you guys! JRFM is committed to making sure you have an amazing evening – whether you’re planning on living it up at the bar, or just having a cozy soirée at home!
Our Top Bar Picks
- For a truly authentic Irish experience, you HAVE to check out Doolin’s Irish Pub! The folks over at Doolin’s are committed to providing you and your friends with an entertaining evening filled with live music and FUN. Try Doolin’s delectable Irish Stew that includes: braised lamb, winter vegetables, and a touch of rosemary. Aw yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!
- If you like to say YES to Irish Dancing and amazing draft selections, head over to Duhb Linn Gate for an energetic and lively evening! Their daily food specials are authentically Irish and their central location makes Duhb Linn Gate the perfect meeting place for your friend group!
- If you’re looking to add some laughs to your Saint Patrick’s day, the Shamrocks and Shenanigans comedy show is being held at the improv centre/the Neil Macrae Bar and Lounge. This venue has a BOARDWALK PATIO and it’s located on Granville Island. And yes, they are serving the green beer I was telling you about earlier. 😉 Where do I sign up?!
If you’re staying in this Saint Patrick’s Day…..
- Make your OWN Irish themed beverages. We are CRAVING this Shamrock Sour cocktail, courtesy of pizzazzerie.com. We love playing bartender for the night! This recipe requires: 2 tablespoons of lime juice, ½ a tablespoon of lemon juice, ¼ of simple syrup, 2 ounces of Irish Whiskey, a small drop of green food colouring, and lime wedges for garnish! Combine the ingredients, shake well, and ENJOY.
- WEAR GREEN. I love having any excuse to buy a new dress. Am I right fellow shopaholics?! For a subtle approach to a Saint Patrick’s Day approved wardrobe, try a solid green dress or top. From there you can decide how to accessorize your statement piece to make it uniquely YOU. Check out this dress I love from Aritzia!
You can find cute graphic t-shirts – like this one here – at Urban Planet! This tank top would look adorable with boyfriend jeans and a bomber jacket.
A Natalie Pro Tip: Whenever I need a last minute costume FAST, I love checking out large retailers like Forever21!
- GET CRAFTY WITH IT. Whenever I have a dinner party, I love to adorn my dinner table with cute holiday themed pieces. I can’t wait to try this adorable four leaf clover craft!
For a cute addition to coffee or dessert, try painting a terracotta pot with black paint. From there, you can cover it with gold glitter – or add you own shamrock decals. Lastly, fill your pot with gold-wrapped Rolo candies, YUM. The final result? A pot of gold that will accompany your baileys and coffee perfectly. 😉 Check out the full tutorial here! Thank you to The 36th Avenue for this amazing craft idea.
For those of us hosting this Saint Patrick’s day, cute decorations are a must! Try creating this ADORABLE Irish Flag Mason Jar. After coating your mason jar with primer, section off your jar with tape. From there, it’s easy to coat your jar in green, white, and orange paint! Mason Jar Crafts has so many amazing DIY ideas for jar enthusiasts such as myself! Check out the full tutorial here!
For those of us wanting to get active on St. Patrick’s Day…
It’s not too late to sign up for the Saint Patrick’s Day 5K! YOU GUYS, this event will be an absolute blast. This race supports Diabetes Canada and takes place in Stanley Park. You’ll definitely deserve a drink once you’ve crossed the finish line!
For a more relaxing start to your day, be sure to check out the Saint Patrick’s Day Market that’s being held on our North Shore Lonsdale Quay Market. This is an amazing event to bring your kids too. From face painting to leprechaun visits, there truly an activity that appeals to everyone!
No matter what you guys choose to do this Saint Patrick’s day, kickback and celebrate it with the people you love, I hope you all have an amazing time checking out some of these local events and venues. May the luck of the Irish be with you this Saint Patty’s Day. 😉