Missed the feature, have a listen:
Happy (almost) Easter everyone! I have ALWAYS loved Easter. My Easter morning usually includes: spending time with my family, enjoying the great outdoors, and gorging on a lot of chocolate. 😉 Sometimes even celebrating my birthday. What’s not to like?!
This Easter, let’s all step outside of our comfort zones – TOGETHER – and do some fun activities that don’t involve a chocolate-induced nap. Yes, that was a shoutout to myself. Who knows, maybe you’ll even start new Easter traditions with your family! I’m about to share the most hoppening, I mean HAPPENING, Vancouver Easter events with you. <3
Photo Credit: theconversation.com
Happening Easter Events:
1) Easter eggs…… and paintball?! SIGN ME UP. This is something I know that everyone in the family can agree on. Go check out North Shore Paintball, their annual Easter paintball battle starts at 9am on Good Friday and you don’t want to miss it!
2) Easter in the village! For treasure hunts, activities, and a rare sighting of the ELUSIVE Easter Bunny, go the the Lynn Valley Village from 1-3pm on Saturday the 31st. This would be an awesome event to take your little ones to!
3) Easter Brunch ABOVE THE CLOUDS. Take the whole fam up on the Sea to Sky Gondola on April 1st for some Easter themed brunch AND an egg hunt. Oh yeah… those rumours you’ve heard about their brunch being spectacular?! They’re TRUE. 😉
Photo Credit: seatoskygondola.com
4) A Stanley Park Easter train ride and carnival! This event takes place on March 29th-April 2nd, from 10am-5pm! After a fun ride around the park, your kids can enjoy a bunny maze, face painting, and carnival activities! Buy your tickets HERE.
Photo Credit: todocanada.ca
5) A Brittania Mine Easter hunt! On April 1st, take the whole family to enjoy a dinosaur themed egg hunt! If you have any dinosaur lovers in the family, this one is for YOU! I’ve even heard a rumour that the Britanniasaurus Rex will make an appearance. 😉 For more information, click HERE.
Photo Credit: exploresquamish.com
Easter DIY’S for the whole fam!
DECORATE YOUR OWN BASKETS:
This one is a Langston family SPECIAL. My family loved buying plain white wicker baskets and craft supplies. When we got home, us kids would go to town on our baskets – glitter, pink spray paint, the works! We covered our baskets in whatever we could convince Mama Langston to buy for us at the craft store, so fun. 😉
Photo Credit: simplycreativeways.com
Instead of your typical place card, try an egg with ATTITUDE. Use gold or silver paint to emboss your dinner guest’s name on an egg! The end result? A totally unique – and stylish – way to make your guest feel welcome. This amazing idea came from Pinterest.
Photo Credit: pinterest.com – Brian Woodcock
BUNNY POM POMS:
Add a little fun to your Easter decorations with these adorable bunny decorations. These fluffy-tailed fixtures will delight both the adults and the children at your dinner table. To recreate, simply cut out a bunny stencil of your choice and use a hot glue gun to stick the pom pom in the centre. This is both easy AND adorable. Thank you to cleanandscentsible.com for the craft!
Photo Credit: cleanandscentsible.com
A FLOWERY MANTLE:
Add a little spring to your decor by placing quirky vases on your countertop or mantle! Find bright coloured and eclectic pieces at Value Village or your Salvation Army! Once you’re armed with vases, fill them with your favourite spring flowers. Your final product is a chic and decorative display that makes your whole house look like spring! This adorable idea is from christinasadventures.com!
Photo Credit: christinasadventures.com
Natalie’s Easter Pro Tips:
- Have a glass of lemon water in between chocolates. This will help combat any sugar overdoses! 😉
- Light some Easter themed candles to get your house radiating that holiday atmosphere! You can find tons of warm and fun scents at Bath and Body Works or Indigo.
- GET OUTDOORS. Even if an Easter egg hunt isn’t on the agenda, enjoy a walk in Stanley Park or along the Seawall!
From dinosaurs, to trains, to paintball, we’ve definitely covered your interests. 😉 I hope you all have an amazing and FUN filled Easter. There better be some sort of chocolate involved! Whether you’re HOPPING to and from events, or just enjoying your family’s company, you’ll surely have a blast!
Happy Easter Everybody!