If you’re looking for a FREE and fun night out with the kids, a date night, a hang with friends, whatever it is, add going to an outdoor movie to your Summer Gotta-Do list! All over Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley there are FREE Outdoor Movies in some beauty locations!
- July 31, 2018: Spice World at Stanley Park, 2nd Beach
- August 7, 2018: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off at Stanley Park, 2nd Beach
- August 14, 2018: Grease at Stanley Park, 2nd Beach
- August 21, 2018: Titanic at Stanley Park, 2nd Beach August 26, 2018: Coco at Connaught Park Softball Diamond
- August 9, 2018: The Lion King at Bob Prittie Library – Metrotown Branch
- August 16, 2018: Mulan at Bob Prittie Library – Metrotown Branch
- August 23, 2018: Cars at Bob Prittie Library – Metrotown Branch
- August 30, 2018: Coco at Bob Prittie Library – Metrotown Branch
- August 1, 2018: The Notebook at Lansdowne Centre
- August 8, 2018: Raiders of the Lost Ark at Lansdowne Centre
- August 15, 2018: Jumaji – Welcome to the Jungle at Lansdowne Centre
- August 22, 2018: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at Lansdowne Centre
- August 29, 2018: Black Panther at Lansdowne Centre
Every Wednesday at Richmond’s Lansdowne Centre they play a free outdoor movie in the parking lot! The nice thing about having it in a parking lot is that there’s an area where you can watch from your car, and then there’s an area where you can bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- July 27, 2018: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle at Moody Park which is located at 600 8th Street. (The film shows at the south end of the park.)
- August 10, 2018: Cars at Port Royal Park at 215 Salter Street.
- August 24, 2018: Trolls at Sapperton Park at 351 East Columbia Street.
- August 3, 2018: Night at the Museum at Don Christian Recreation Centre
- August 4, 2018: Ferdinand at Holland Park
- August 10, 2018: The Lion King at Katzie Elementary School
- August 11, 2018: Coco at Holland Park August 17, 2018: Beethoven at Don Christian Recreation Centre
- August 18, 2018: Paddington 2 at Holland Park
- August 24, 2018: Coco at Katzie Elementary School
- August 25, 2018: Wonder at Holland Park
- August 10, 2018: The Avengers – Infinity War at Douglas Park Spirit Square
- August 30, 2018: The Incredibles (2004) at James Kennedy Elementary
- September 14, 2018: Ferdinand at Douglas Park
- August 3, 2018: Coco at the North Van City Library
- August 17, 2018: A Wrinkle In Time at the North Van City Library
- August 3, 2018: Thor Ragnarok (PG-13) at Gates Park
- August 17, 2018: Coco (PG) at Sun Valley Park
- August 31, 2018: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (PG-13) at Gates Park
- August 9, 2018: Planes at Mill Lake Park
Most of these events start at DUSK, get there early to get a good spot! An outdoor movie is the perfect excuse to bring a picnic dinner, your favourite movie snacks (popcorn with ALL the butter!!) and make your car or spot on the lawn the coziest with blankets, chairs and enjoy an evening under the stars!
Save the date for our 5th Annual Outdoor Movie Night in partnership with the @kitsilanocc on Sunday August 26th. Bring the family and enjoy a night of music and a movie in Connaught Park featuring the Disney Pixar’s animated film ‘Coco’, plus a great line up of special pre-show musical performances by local artists including @michaelaverillmusic, @musicwithmarnie, @lasestrellasdevancouver and @willstroetmusic & the Backyard Band! Festivities start at 4pm with musical entertainment, photo booth, concession stand and local merchant prizes! More details through link in profile. . #tenblocksofheart #theheartofkits #kitsonbroadway #kitsilano #freshaircinema #outdoormovie #vancouver #vancity #yvrevents #vancity #vancouverisawesome
For more fun, family friendly Summer ideas, follow me on Instagram @amandalbreen!
Missing the feature on JRfm, have a listen: